CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
PEI WRITER-IN-RESIDENCE IN TASMANIA
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MAY 31, 2017
This year, a PEI writer will be selected by the Tasmania Writers’ Centre to serve as the PEI Writer-in-Residence in Tasmania. The residency is co-sponsored by: the Tasmania Writers’ Centre; the University of Tasmania; and the UPEI Faculty of Arts, Department of English, and Institute of Island Studies.
- be year-round PEI residents;
- have a high calibre of publications in any genre(s);
- have experience in teaching creative writing and/or conducting creative writing workshops.
Since airfare is not provided, applicants should preferably be Canada Council-eligible to apply for a Canada Council of the Arts travel grant.
Details of residency
- Duration: one month;
- Time-frame: after July and before November;
- Free accommodation in a flat on the water in Battery Point, Hobart;
- A weekly amoung of $200 (AUS) per week ($800 AUS for duration of stay);
- A public appearance/reading honorarium of $100 (AUS).
- An honorarium for presenting a workshop: $400 (AUS) for day-long;
$250 (AUS) for half-day – enrolments need to be above ten students.
- Manuscript assessment fee of $80 (AUS) per half-hour consultation.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- A statement outlining the key strengths you would bring to the Prince Edward Island residency in Tasmania in 2017;
- Details of the writing project on which you plan to work during the residency;
- A list of book and anthology publications, magazine/journal publications, and writing awards in the past five years;
- A ten-page sample of your work;
- A résumé or curriculum vitae, including your experience consulting with writers regarding their works in progress or manuscripts, and your experience giving writing workshops;
- Details of a writing workshop you could facilitate during your residency.
Note well: Canada Council-eligible applicants should ensure that they are registered and “validated” within the new granting system and on the new Canada Council of the Arts website. Validation must occur at least two months before any grant application.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
The Tasmania Writers’ Centre
Attn: Chris Gallagher