The mission of the Prince Edward Island Writers’ Guild (PEIWG) is to inspire, support, and encourage established, emerging, and potential writers to find their voice, improve their craft, and experience success in their writing. Part of the PEIWG mandate is to provide mentorship, training, and a safe space for writers and to facilitate opportunities for writers to share and promote their work. In addition, the PEIWG represents the interests of Island writers with government, key stakeholders, and the general public.
The Executive Director (ED) has a passion for the arts and is responsible for supporting all PEIWG programs and coordinating logistics. This highly motivated and detail-oriented position assists with the organization and coordination of programs and events including (but not limited to) workshops and conferences, member services, and assisting and monitoring communications and social media.
This is a part-time (25%) position uUp to 36 hours/month expected), with the anticipated start date of June 30th, 2020. Work hours may vary each week, depending on funding opportunities, networking meetings, and event planning. Outside of scheduled commitments, this position does allow for flexible work schedule.
• Experience in arts administration or with a member services organization
• Experience in event planning including schedules, budgets, logistics
• Experience with social media—posting, monitoring, promotions, responding (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
• Ability to follow directions with minimum supervision
• Ability to juggle multiple programs and communications
• Strong interpersonal skills, plus the ability to develop and maintain a relationship with members and stakeholders
• Computer and internet proficiency, graphic design; knowledge of WordPress, Zoom, and Wild Apricot an asset
• Experience in grant writing and reporting
Annual salary of $9,000
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
The PEIWG is passionate about diverse representation in the community, and we encourage applications from anyone who is qualified for the role.
Although we thank all those who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS JUNE 5th, 2020