FOLLOW YOUR NARRATIVE ARC TO BEAUTIFUL PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
Wild Threads Writing Symposium is a four-day creative writing conference taking place in historic Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, August 22nd to 25th, 2019.
Hosted by the PEI Writers’ Guild, this experiential symposium features prominent Canadian writing faculty in four genres: George Elliott Clarke, Anne Simpson, Pauline Dakin, Julie Pelisser-Lush, Richard Lemm & Laurie Brinklow, Sharon McKay, and Patti Larsen (with Carly Martin).
- Conquering the first chapter of your novel
- Applying the tools of fiction to your memoir or biography
- Using audio to promote your writing; podcasting in the digital age
- How does the story speak? Considering dialogue
- Historical premise in poetry and essay
- Radical writing as an agent for change
- Genre bending: Using music as a poetic tool
- Storytelling, performance and building connection with the audience
- A Walk on the Edge: Writing and the Power of Place
- Publishing panel: advice about Canadian trends, market conditions, and common practices.
- Love vs. marketability: How editorial decisions are made
- What literary agents look for in works, what they look for in authors
- Mini-pitch session with literary agent Hilary McMahon
- From Yes to Press: Author contracts & reading the fine print
- Self-publishing: Being your own boss
Whether you are a professional working in a literary field, an emerging Canadian author or a first-time creative writer,Wild Threads is the place and space to explore the more that’s out there for you on the page.
To Register for this workshop, please follow links:
Cost is (Members) $325, (NonMembers) $375, (Students & Seniors) $325
** We are currently experiencing some issues with online payments due to regulatory issues with PayPal. Please send us a cheque or money order to PEI Writers’ Guild, 81 Prince Street, Charlottetown PEI C1A4R3, or send us an e-transfer to [email protected] with the security response “Workshop”. THANK YOU! **