Prepare to celebrate writing!
The P.E.I. Writers’ Guild is thrilled to celebrate the 30th Cox and Palmer Island Literary Awards on Saturday, May 6, from 7-10 p.m. Prize winners will be revealed during gala ceremonies at The Mack theatre in Charlottetown.
Presentations will include the following honours:
• Milton Acorn Poetry Awards
• Maritime Electric Short Story Awards
• L.M. Montgomery* P.E.I. Literature for Children Awards
• Creative Non-Fiction Awards
• Marie Coyoteblanc Award for Indigenous Writing
• Réshard Gool Award
• Joseph Sherman Award
• Champion of Reading Award
L.M. Montgomery* PEI Writing for Children Award:
Lisa Penny, Pierce Smith, Suzanne Mills
Milton Acorn Poetry Award:
Margo Connors, Michael Page, Ann Howatt.
Maritime Electric Short Story Award:
Tanya Nicolle MacCallum, Suzanne Mills, Joel Gillespie, Malcom Murray.
Creative Non-Fiction Award:
Brian Higgins, Irene Larkin, Louise Burley, Rick Sparkes, Margot Maddison-MacFadyen.
The awards represent the penultimate event of the Reading Town P.E.I. festival. In addition to awards presentations, the evening will include musical performances and the launch of the video series Honouring Literary Legends.
Tickets to the gala are free, but seating is limited. Please RSVP here:
Follow the Cox & Palmer Island Literary Awards on Facebook @IslandLiteraryAwards.
* L.M. Montgomery is a trademark of the Heirs of L.M. Montgomery Inc.